Terms of Service:
yBitcoin is published quarterly by BTC Media, LLC, P.O. Box 1411, Fayetteville, TN 37334. Reproduction without the express written consent of the publisher is prohibited. yBitcoin is not responsible for unsolicited manuscripts, photography or art. yBitcoin does not endorse any advertiser or business listed in its directories, and is not responsible for errors and omissions in advertising or editorial content. The information contained herein should not be construed as an endorsement of any company or individual, nor reflect in any way upon the products/services they provide. yBitcoin does not knowingly accept false or misleading advertising or editorial content, nor does the publication or its staff assume responsibility if such advertising or editorial content appears in the publication. yBitcoin makes no warranties or representations and assumes no liability for any claims regarding services, products or claims made by advertisers. yBitcoin is not a broker, seller or buyer of Bitcoin, nor shall it be considered to be promoting or encouraging the purchase of or investment in Bitcoin. ©2014, all rights reserved.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by BTC Media, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. BTC Media has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, BTC Media does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. BTC Media disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which yBitcoin.com links, and that link to yBitcoin.com. BTC Media does not have any control over those non-yBitcoin websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-yBitcoin website or webpage, BTC Media does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. BTC Media disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-yBitcoin websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As BTC Media asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by yBitcoin.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify BTC Media. BTC Media will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. BTC Media will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of BTC Media or others. In the case of such termination, BTC Media will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to BTC Media.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from BTC Media to you any BTC Media or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with BTC Media. BTC Media, yBitcoin, yBitcoin.com, the yBitcoin.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with yBitcoin.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of BTC Media or BTC Media’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any BTC Media or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using yBitcoin.com within the designated notice period. Your continued use of yBitcoin.com will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. BTC Media may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your yBitcoin.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. BTC Media and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither BTC Media nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will BTC Media, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to BTC Media under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. BTC Media shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BTC Media, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between BTC Media and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of BTC Media, or by the posting by BTC Media of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Tennessee. The arbitration shall take place in Tennessee, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; BTC Media may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Your privacy is critically important to us. At BTC Media we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our blogging products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact our support team.
BTC Media, LLC (“BTC Media”) operates several websites including BTC Media.org, yBitcoin.com. It is BTC Media’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, BTC Media collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. BTC Media’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how BTC Media’s visitors use its website. From time to time, BTC Media may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
BTC Media also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on yBitcoin.com blogs. BTC Media only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to BTC Media’s websites choose to interact with BTC Media in ways that require BTC Media to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that BTC Media gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with BTC Media are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, BTC Media collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with BTC Media. BTC Media does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
BTC Media may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, BTC Media may monitor the most popular pages on the yBitcoin.com site. BTC Media may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, BTC Media does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
BTC Media discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on BTC Media’s behalf or to provide services available at BTC Media’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using BTC Media’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. BTC Media will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, BTC Media discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when BTC Media believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of BTC Media, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an BTC Media website and have supplied your email address, BTC Media may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with BTC Media and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. BTC Media takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If BTC Media, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that BTC Media goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of BTC Media may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.